How did I become a Christian?

 

My conversion to Christianity comes with tremendous gratitude first for my in-laws and then in particular for the Holy Spirits' promptings. 

I mentioned in this post I first met my husband at Florida State University.  He was born and grew up in Georgia and he came from an intact, predictable, emotionally engaged, and caring Christian family. 

He was raised in the Baptist church and around our senior year of college, we both knew marriage was next. What we didn't know was that his parents were very concerned about us getting married on an "uneven yoke" (2 Corinthians 6:14). After many prayers and sacrifices on their part and by the sheer grace of God, I was able to hear the Holy Spirit's whispers! Later that summer, I became convicted and I chose to be baptized into God's family.  I'll never forget those miraculous and cherished words "…you are baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit❤️" ... that were spoken as I emerged out of the water.  

Afterward, I remember having a sense of being lighter, I was overflowing with love and supernatural joy, and I remember having this inner peace that I had never experienced before. That was truly an incredible day!!!  

As if that wasn’t joyful enough, five years later through a series of divine encounters, both my husband and I converted to the Catholic faith.  That is a story I'll save for next time.



So now I ask you, "If you are a Christian what was your conversion story?"


***************

I pray you found what you were needing today. Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear how this post might have been helpful for you.


 Remember you are not alone! No matter what you’ve done or failed to do you are still loved unconditionally by a very merciful and just Lord and Savior!

May God Bless You,

Leslie

No comments: