What hidden wounds have you diagnosed?

 Another commonality of identifying as an ATCK is that we often suffer from the hidden wound of never knowing where we belong. 



As an ATCK, I certainly was no exception. This one hidden wound of not belonging has plagued me my whole life. I distinctly remember a time when this hidden wound reared its ugly head with blinding consequences.


It was back when Facebook was first created and I desperately went on a search for as many of my childhood classmates as I could find.  During that process, the most unexpected series of events happened, that completely blindsided me. 


As more and more classmates started joining our Facebook group and we were reconnecting I noticed I could not understand their conversations. The slang they now spoke, was really difficult to understand and next to impossible to read. The local places they spoke about meeting up for group events… I had no clue what they were talking about. The carnival, fΓͺtes, and other local festivities that were a big part of their daily lives were not even on my radar. 


I was living a very different lifestyle now.  


I felt like such an outsider. I didn't belong anymore.


Then I started noticing they were inviting people to join our Facebook group, who weren’t even from our class in school. People I had no prior relationship with, but were actually friends and classmates of my siblings. 


My former classmates had befriended these people in the years after I left. The life I once knew had moved on, and I was no longer a part of it. Looking back that was truly more than I could bear.  The 'home' that was once a lifeline for me during my childhood, no longer existed.  


Unfortunately, that unacknowledged wound of not belonging stayed hidden under layers aka years of loss and unresolved grief for far too long after permanently moving to my passport country.


Not only did this have negative implications in my current adult relationships but also within my own body which definitely kept the score.  This is a topic I have addressed in other posts.


What about you dear sojourner, have you considered that your current ailments might be from unresolved grief, loss, or an unhealed hidden wound?


******************


I pray you found what you needed today. Please leave a comment below, I would love to continue this conversation and understand how it might have been helpful for you.

 

May God Bless You,

Leslie


No comments: